Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teflon Don Review- Rick Ross

               Teflon Don, Rick Ross's fourth studio album, delivers its audience something different. Ross seems to get away from rapping about drugs and a gangsta lifestyle, but now rather focuses on his flyness, and having money. Hes probably always been rich, but since the $%^# with 50 popped off, he had to get away from rapping about Drug Dealin' and Killin' people. Teflon Don offers great production, excellent features, and a lot of automobile music apparently. Maybach Music III, Aston Martin Music, Live fast die young, are just the beginning for all the features on the album. Drake kills his bridge in Aston Martin Music, Kanye rips his verse, Jadakiss, T.I., Chrisette Michele, Jay-Z, John Legendd, and many more. The features make the album. Ross has great punchlines, good flows, and overall a decent album. Relevant MindSet would rank the album second of his four studio albums, Trilla being the best album. In the end, this album doesn't really add anything to hip-hop, but is a good rap album with alot of collabs and features. Great production and features is all you need to make it nowadays apparently.


Overall Grade-   B-


Tracklist


1. I’m Not A Star (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)*****
2. Free Mason feat. Jay-Z & John Legend (Produced by The Inkredibles)****1/2
3. Tears Of Joy feat. Cee-Lo (Produced by No I.D.)****
4. Maybach Music III feat. T.I., Jadakiss & Erykah Badu (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)****
5. Live Fast, Die Young feat. Kanye West (Produced by Kanye West)****
6. Super High feat. Ne-Yo (Produced by Clark Kent & The Remedy)****
7. No. 1 feat. Trey Songz & Diddy (Produced by Danja)**
8. MC Hammer feat. Gucci Mane (Produced by Lex Luger)***
9. B.M.F. (Blowin’ Money Fast) feat. Styles P (Produced by Lex Luger)****
10. Aston Martin Music feat. Drake & Chrisette Michele (Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)*****
11. All The Money In The World feat. Raphael Saadiq (Produced by The Olympicks)***
12. Audio Meth (Produced by The Runners) [iTunes Bonus Track] ****

0 Comments: