ReturnOf4Eva isn't your usual FreeP. A lot of people thought that Big Krit droppin' a free LP wasn't a good move financially, but I think it was genius. This is more than a good LP, it's a fanbase creator. Anyone who is a fan of Outkast or UGK will love this album. The LP features a lot of down south sounds, mixed with the rare southern lyricism that a lot of down south MC's stopped carrying. This is a vital part of Krit's rap game, and will make anyone enjoy this artist if they appreciate real hip-hop. A few stand out tracks are "AmTrak," which can be easily be on any old Andre3k/ Big Boi album. "Time Machine," which is a timeless classic,, featuring a good verse from Chamillionaire. "Country Sh*t remix" featuring Bun B and Ludacris offers features that all will love.
Now, I am not saying that Krit is jocking Outkast at all. I am simply saying that Krit's LP has an Outkast feel to it that is rare now-a-days. I'm sure if Pimp C were still alive, he would want to sign Big Krit after listening to this free LP.
The track, "American Rapstar" might be the best of all the tracks, due to its timeless appeal. The whole LP is a great listen, and a definite for any hip-hop fan's iTunes music library. If Krit was my personal Homie, I would have to smoke him out for this one. He out did himself, and really showed fans what he is capable of. Very deep, and a great LP.
Grade: A-
Reasoning: Great LP, great beats, great sound, great lyrics, pure hip-hop.
Previous: Big K.R.I.T - ReturnOf4Eva (Official Free LP)
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Big Krit - ReturnOfeva (Official Review)
Posted on 2:26 PM by RM BAZ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comments:
I think I see eye to eye on all levels of hip-hop with you,
So i have slept on KRIT but this is a dope explanation and set-up for this album.. which admittedly i thought this was another mixtape to add to the stack.
I look forward to following this guy and continue to check you blog daily, word up 1LOVETO mad respect for your shit man,
Y
Post a Comment