Monday, April 18, 2011

Rappers React To Lil B's Overly Happy New Album Title

XXL does an article on a few different MC's persepectives on the whole Lil B Album title that is in the end marketing gold.


Freddie Gibbs: “[The] Lil B shit was funny at first but now I feel like it’s just a bunch of white people laughing at a nigga, like a minstrel show. Shit is wack. I ain’t dissin’ gays, if you gay that’s yo biz.”


Mike Bigga: “He’s a happy guy, Gay means happy,” the ATLien reminded readers. “It makes perfect sense to me. It’s a provocative, bold thing to me. That’s what B does. It’s not as shocking to me. From a social element . . . this just feels like knocking down walls and stereotypes, embracing controversy and flipping it. Bravo to him for being the next Madonna. I also don’t think Lil B could ever make some of the music that I make. If he’s rapping about (gay) lifestyle the whole album, no I probably wouldn’t want to hear it. If he’s rapping on some hip-hop shit and it’s a weird ass, weird Lil B album . . . I’d probably buy it like i I did his last (album) and have a little laugh.”


Talib Kweli: “I’m happy to see young hip-hop heads move [away from] homophobia,” he said. “Regardless of what your stance is on gay people, homophobia or the act and practice of it, is extra wack.”
Read Full: XXL

Previous: Lil B Brings Out Odd Future (Video)

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.