On my way to the Lil B concert last Monday, #cook, a young rapper by the name of Spiz gave me his mixtape. I get handed at least 10 mixtapes a week. I try to listen to all of them but most are unbearably atrocious. Either it’s poor audio quality or just plain horrible lyrics. Because of this, I slowly began to politely give a “no thanks” when an artist hand me their material.
This brother was different though. The young dude walked up to me and said “you don’t look like the type that listens to rap, but listen to my mixtape”. Now, I could of been offended and been like “naw f you and yo mixtape” but it made me laugh instead. Even though I may not look like the typical hip hop head, it spoke volumes to me that he still handed me his work. The brother just wanted to be heard. That’s it. No matter if I was a republican, some nerdy Villanova rat, or hood ass Temple dude, he just wanted his music to be heard! I respect that. I wish dude best of luck and hopefully I get to shoot a music video for him in the near future (had to plug myself real quick).
I decided to email Spiz a few questions so the readers can get to know homie a little more. Below is his answers:
Where are you from?
Im from north Philadelphia, Pa
So, tell me how you met started_.
I started writing muzik when i was about 7 years old. I fell in love with muzik because i loved that you could express yaself in any way and no mater what some one could related. Im the only child. Was raised by my other in a single parent home. My father played a part in my life so i use to write about that. As i grew up i went thru diffrent things i use to make muzik about those things and stuff i did in everyday life.
So, what are your thoughts on the current state of the game?
I feel as the artists in the game right now that are worth listening to are under- rated well sum of them. I kno times is hard any people want feel god records. But when i grew up we had feel good records but with meaning. Now a days people just say go pop a bottle gwt wasted pop pills fuck bitches. Yea thats fly but thats not good muzik to me. Dont get me wrong some is cool but i feel hip hop forgot about the lyrics and now is all about beats and hooks.
What do you think makes you different from the other rap guys?
I have my own sound. By that i mean far as flows, beats i go off, and delivery, also my drive. When i do muzik i dont focus on how beautiful the art is i just think about real life and do what i do best,
Who influenced your style?
So many people influnced my rap style the list ids to damn long lol but to name sum... 2pac,biggie,big l, pun, de la soul, talib, mos-def, common, kool g rap, krs-1,rakim the list goes on...
Bring up something that was really successful or a high point in the artist's career
I just recently dropped my 1st offical mixtape so thats a high point sumthin that means a lot to me.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years i see myself in the game making good muzik, having my record company gettin off the ground , comfortable, lots of records sold and a couple grammies.
Who do you want to work with in the future?
I would like to work with so many people, people to collab with asap..... Camp lo, mos def, common, talib, wale, black thought of the roots. Black star, 9th wonder, alchemist, ect the list can go on and on lol
How can people hear your music?
People can hear my muzik @
www.hulkshare.com/spiz
Or www.spiztube.blogspot.com
What social networks are you on? Blogs? Websites?
Twitter @dar3alspiz
Personal blog- www.spiztube.blogspot.com
Sites- www.relevantmindset.net
Give a shout out...
I would like to give a shout out to my mother i love you!!!!!!! All my supporters, my rm family, philly, my uptown family, my fans. I do it for yall, raw south street. Special shout out to my hatas! And my #g5lifers #$w@g
Previous: Spiz Hands out Mixtape and More On His Release Day In Philly (Video)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment