This Album was somewhat disappointing. I was anticipating a possible debut LP similar to Slim Shady LP, and in turn, I realized that Tyler wasn't frauding. He really is a pissed off individual. I thought that Tyler was like that, but it's really no joke. The man is a pissed off person. It's not publicity, and it's not a front. This guy is somewhat crazy. If not somewhat, then all the way crazy. HE IS MAD.
Now with all that being said, I woke up this morning, took my ass to Target, and copped what i thought would be a revolutionary album. In turn, I ended up purchasing an album that just isn't THAT great. I'm a huge fan of OF, and the movement, yet, this really isn't that good. Though Tyler kept the whole theme of the therapist from his first album BASTARD, I feel as though the predecessor is better than Goblin. Tyler really has some evil sounds, and seems as though if the earth burned down, he would arise from the ashes with a giant smile.
The features were pretty decent..Domo's verse on "Window" was great. Hodgy Beats had some good features. Frank Ocean sings his ass off for "She." The tracks are all decent. The production as usual is impeccable. Yet, it seems as though the project is missing a few things. The dopeness of Bastard might be hard to replicate, but I thought he had it in him. This album will get love from Odd Future's real fans. He will get the buzz that his crew deserves. But, I just don't understand where the chill from Bastard went. Tracks like "Burger," "Analog," and "Window" all somewhat have the hit sounds...but it's missing something.
For all the real Odd Future fans, that have been down with them from the jump, enjoy this album as much as possible. I guess I don't have it in me for the entire album. It is just too dark for me. The only tracks that I found myself listening to on repeat were "Burger," "Tron Cat," "Analog," of course "Yonkers," "Sandwitches," and "Nightmare." Everything else is too dark for me. Call me someone who likes chill sh*t, or call me a hypebeast hater. At the end of the day..I just like Bastard better. I wish Tyler all the success, and will always post His material, alongside the rest of OF. Real fans of Odd Future who enjoy listening to dark music, continuing supporting these young talented artists.
Overall Score: 8/10
Goblin - 7/10
Yonkers - 10/10
Radicals - 7/10
She - 8/10
Transylvania - 7/10
Nightmare - 8/10
Tron Cat - 8/10
Her - 7/10
SandWitches - 8/10
Fish - 7/10
Analog - 10/10
B*tch Suck D*ck - 5/10
Window - 7/10
AU79 (Instrumental)
Golden - 9/10
Burger - 7.5/10
Steak Sauce - 9/10
Where it all Started: Tyler The Creator - "Yonkers" (Official Video)
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Tyler, The Creator - GOBLIN (Review)
Posted on 12:08 PM by RM BAZ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 Comments:
shut the fuck up.
i agree with the dark music points u made this site is always on point
He mad^^
they suck balls, and always have...a poor little boy who was ass raped by his dady. boo hoo
ther genre is dead . they have buzz cuz tthey are young.
Bastard was wayyyyy better
Hey I agree with the dude agreeing with this blog 99% of the time. Honestly this review mirrors my first impression of the album as well..
/But after a few listens it grows on you and is some really sick shit. Yo should give it another chance. I hop you read this comment yo, 1loveTO
Too much Hatred. This nigga is the future get used to it.
With all the bullshit watered down music that's out its nice to see some young kids with enough brains to bring something new to the table.
You cant deny how talented OF is
Post a Comment