The Kid Daytona recently released his dope free LP titled The Interlude 2. Relevant Mindset got a chance to ask TKD some questions via E-Mail about his beat selection, his music, his videos, and more. Below are some interesting answered questions from the young artist.
RM (Relevant Mindset): You have an excellent taste in choosing your instrumentals. What process do you go through when you are choosing beats?
TKD (The Kid Daytona): Thank you.. With me, I just go off feeling. If it doesn't feel right from jump, I won't approach it. I rap on beats that I know compliment my style.
RM: You've worked with artists such as Bun B, Freddie Gibbs, N.O.R.E, and Mickey Factz. What is it like to work with a legend such as Bun B on your track "Air Born" from 2009?TKD (The Kid Daytona): Thank you.. With me, I just go off feeling. If it doesn't feel right from jump, I won't approach it. I rap on beats that I know compliment my style.
TKD: Working with Bun was definitely an experience.. And its a relationship that I cherish to have to this day. He's as legend in the game, who has been around through so many changes in the industry and music. I often pick his brain on numerous topics. He always gives me enlightenment. Bun is probably the most genuine dude in the game.
RM: Your down with L-R-G. How do you feel that the clothing company is helping in establishing your growing fanbase?
TKD: I'm grateful to have a huge brand such as LRG in my corner. Through working with them, I've gotten to learn much about branding. And there's def a family feel when it comes to dealing with them.. A lot of love for me over there, and its reciprocated.
RM: Sounds like you grew up on ATCQ (A Tribe Called Quest). Were they a heavy influence on your up-coming?
TKD: Yea they were, but I was also just influenced by that time period in music. I feel like from 92 to 98 that was some of the best hiphop music to be experienced. So many classic albums... I feel like Tribe had dope balance within creativity, beats, and flows... In doing the Tribe tape, I got to study cadences and different pockets that Tip and Phife were using... It made me grow into an artist.
RM: The video for your track "On The Hill" is very dope. Where was that video shot?
TKD: It was shot on Friday Harbor, 3 hours off the coast of Washington State. Same place they filmed "Free Willie".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment